Monday, May 2, 2011

Still Linux in Exile

I really appreciated hearing the positive comments to my question, if Linux in Exile is still needed. Sounds like my blog fills a need, tells the "other side of the story" about how Linux users view the Windows world (rather than the other way around.)

So, I've decided to keep blogging. Someone needs to keep pointing out that Windows operates in a kind of weird way, and demonstrating (sometimes by counterpoint) that the Linux desktop is a mature, stable platform. Linux is no longer the bare-bones desktop platform of the mid-90s.

I'll keep the Linux in Exile name, even though I'm no longer (technically) "in exile". The name is catchy, and I like it.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for continuing this blog! It's really nice to read about your adventures into the windows-world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linux in Exile reminds me a little bit of Woody's Office/Windows Watch. Except after describing the annoyance, Woody's tells you how to get around it (in Windows) and you simply go back to your Linux computer, smirking.

    I'm glad you are keeping Linux in Exile going. I will keep reading it and I will keep not needing to fix Windows because I don't use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog yesterday and I've been happily reading since the beginning of your "exile." It's really nice to be reminded why I chose Linux in the first place, and why I do everything in my power to avoid going back. Thanks so much for writing this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Followers