Friday, January 16, 2009

Linux in Exile

I've been a Linux user since 1993, when I was a student at university. Until 1998, I had a partition on my home system to run some Windows games, and since 2002 I've been fortunate enough to run Linux full-time at work. It has been a great experience so far.

That all changed this week.

For reasons I won't go into, I've been asked to move back to Windows, at least for work. The difference between Windows and Linux has been shocking, to say the least. Since I find it interesting when long-time Windows users experiment with Linux for the first time, I thought it might be equally interesting for this long-time Linux user to blog about my first experience running Windows in over 6 or 7 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Followers